Login   |  Register   
     You are here : About Us > Latest Thinking > Blogs > Grow! by Paul Martin

Grow! by Paul Martin

Posts Tagged 'Social Styles'

We are pleased to present below all posts tagged with 'Social Styles'. If you still can't find what you are looking for, try using the search box.

Paul Martin's avatar

Fired: Performance Problems or People Problems?

By 

In a society where performance is trumpeted, the cold truth is that people problems can be job fatal at most non-profits. Non-profits normally don't fire team members due to performance problems. Mostly, non-profits fire team members due to people problems. Today, emotional Intelligence (EI) is more important at non-profits than for profits (and it is becoming extremely important at for profit organizations). Why?  Non-profits are normally focused on on mission. Anything that distracts from that mission--like teammember conflict--is job fatal.  Non-profits are unique because they are often led and staffed with people who are so mission-minded that they lack EI. Not the Wrong Leader, Just Needs New Skills In my work with non-profits over the last 25 years, leaders and mid-managers are often hard-working, task-oriented people with discomfort when trying to guide employees with the small corrections that a coaching-leader uses.  Often, a task-oriented person works loyally and long ...

Paul Martin's avatar

Be excited about how God created you

By 

We're all different--and that's good! God handcrafted each one of us into the person He wants us to be.  He has given us experiences unlike anyone else on planet Earth to help shape our character.  Be excited about how God lovingly created you! But there's a catch.  Often, we bump into co-workers, family members and friends that just rub us the wrong way.  We just don't seem to connect as well as other people do.  Researchers tell us that we'll understand and communicate well with about 25% of the population.  As for the remaining 75%, we just have to work harder. Purpose: The Motivation for Working Together If we believe God created us for a unique purpose, we also will believe that He created others for a unique purpose, too.  It is our job to find ways to connect and communicate with the 75%.  Learning how others like to communicate and work can be a challenge--but it is a great challenge to take on. In I Corinthians 12, the Apostle Paul outlines how the diffe ...

Comments
  1. Re: America’s Most and Least Bible-Minded Cities

    Great Pics and the insane section ray ban sunglasses sale is always that people appear hence innocent...

    -- alaso

  2. Re: Helping Leaders Make Good Decisions In An Indecisive Time

    I think #4 is the key. In today's world it is more important than ever to be sensitive to when a strategy...

    -- Ben Armitage

  3. Re: America’s Most and Least Bible-Minded Cities

    Bible-Mindedness how is that defined?

    -- PastorKenT